By Joane Amay
Skin care experts reveal the best products to stop Father Time for both sexes.
Dr. Fran Cook-Bolden, assistant clinical professor of dermatology at Beth Israel Medical Center, and director of the Skin Specialty Dermatology in New York City, shares ways to prevent obvious aging.
• Flatten lines and prevent wrinkles with Botox and Dysport, which are both fast acting, safe and provide an instantly fresh face.
• Fillers restore volume and fullness to problem areas. Restylane, Perlane and Juvéderm Ultra Plus are my favorites. Plus, Restylane is great for tackling under-eye hollowing and discoloration.
• There are an array of peel systems for all skin tones and types. Topix Perfect 10 Peel combines multiple acids, allowing you to get great results.
• Non-ablative laser resurfacing refreshes skin, reduces the appearance of pores and environmental damages and enhances the benefits of topical skin care.
• Hair removal laser is great for unwanted facial hair, which becomes more abundant as we age. Catch it early, however, because lasers still don’t work well on gray hair.
Here are four of her favorite products for women’s skincare.
(1.7 oz., $30)
“The number one most important part of an anti-aging regimen is carefully choosing a sunscreen that you love! There are many options now available for all skin types and tones. They include micronized creams, gels, sheer liquids to sheer sprays and the more traditional creams.”—F.C.B.