Check out the latest happenings around the music world…
- First things first: Jazz in the Gardens.
- 2013 has not been kind to Lil Wayne. The 30-year-old YMCMB rapper was reportedly hospitalized earlier this week after suffering from multiple seizures at a music video shoot in Los Angeles. Wayne was taken to Cedars-Sinai hospital and released Wednesday morning (March 13). He is said to be doing much better. Back in October, the platinum-selling star suffered two seizures while aboard a private jet.
- Ne-Yo recently found himself questioning his musical abilities while preparing for a duet with industry vet Celine Dion. The “Let Me Love You” singer revealed his second collaboration with the legendary songstress in an interview with Digital Spy. “The first time I worked for her I wrote a song for her, which in itself was surreal […] This time around I actually did a duet with her – it’s her and me on one song, which was a challenge to say the least!” he said. “I was trying to figure what I was even doing there – why would they need my voice when they have hers? […] She wanted to do the song as a duet and I was flattered, but it definitely made me question my vocal ability.” The song, tentatively titled “Water and Flame,” will be featured on Dion’s upcoming album due in October.
- The cast to VH1’s TLC biopic is rapidly growing by the day. Rochelle Aytes (Madea’s Family Reunion) has been tapped to play the group’s former manager, Perri “Pebbles” Reid. She will be joined by Keke Palmer as Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas, Lil Mama as Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, Drew Sidora as Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins and Evan Ross as Dallas Austin. Production on Crazy Sexy Cool: The TLC Story will begin this month in Atlanta.
- Consider this the hottest ticket of the summer. The Yahoo! On the Road festival will travel the globe with an impressive roster of entertainers, as well as comedians, actors and special guests. Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Kendrick Lamar, fun., the Lumineers, J. Cole, Macklemore, Frank Ocean, Miguel, Nas, Rita Ora and others will hit the stage in 21 confirmed cities from New York, Chicago, Houston, Milan, London, and more. The fun kicks off May 3 in the Big Apple. Check out more deets here!
- Quick question: Have you seen the awesomeness that is Tina Turner on the cover of Vogue Germany?
- And finally, the always-animated Nicki Minaj has stripped down her image to grace the cover of ELLE magazine. No bright wigs. No crazy makeup. And dare we say, normal clothing? Check out all the photos after the jump!