McDonald’s Corp. is getting slammed with a cringe-worthy lawsuit by a mother who claims her two-year-old son ate a used condom he found while in the play area of one of its Chicago restaurants, according to Reuters.
On Wednesday, Anishi Spencer filed a complaint against the big-name chain in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of her sons Jonathan, 4, and Jacquel Hines, 3. Court documents state that she and her children were at the restaurant in early February when Jacquel picked up the used condom off the floor, coughing up a piece it shortly after.
Both boys received medical care and have suffered lasting injuries, pain and discomfort, says Spencer. She is seeking at least $50,000 in damages for McDonald’s negligence in cleaning “hazardous debris” from the play area.
Jeffrey Deutschman, the lawyer representing Spencer and her sons, has described the case as “disgusting” and is pushing forward with the lawsuit, despite his efforts to settle.
The company has yet to comment.
Photo courtesy of Reuters/Gary Cameron