1. OK, so I tried to resist even bringing Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco Johnson into “Coupled Up” this week, but I’ll just acknowledge the big white elephant in the room. Here’s what we know about the alleged altercation so far:
- On Saturday, Aug. 11, Evelyn allegedly confronted Chad about a receipt for condoms left in the trunk of a vehicle.
- Chad allegedly responded to Evelyn with a head-butt that broke the skin of her forehead.
- The police were called, Chad was arrested and charged with simple domestic battery, spent the night in jail before being released on $2,500 bond.
- Twenty-four hours later, the Miami Dolphins released Chad from his contract.
- VH1 also pulled the anticipated “Ev and Ocho” reality show.
- Six weeks after their Independence Day nuptials, Evelyn files for divorce.
- Days after the incident, an anonymous pal comes forward, claiming Chad has been abusive towards Evelyn throughout their relationship.
So now that we know about all this drama and alleged abuse, we have much more insight into Evelyn’s behavior on “Basketball Wives” and her feud with Jennifer Williams. It’s no surprise that violence begets violence, even for adults. So all of Ev’s bottle throwing, purse slapping, jumping on tables, and other violent behavior could be a result of her feeling impotent against Chad. She couldn’t take him on at home or wherever but she could take on prissy Jennifer and clueless Kenya Bell. I also have two theories now on why Evelyn became so upset with Jen for discussing her relationship with Ochocinco on the radio. One, the truth hurts. Evelyn doesn’t seem like the type who takes truth well all the time. And Jennifer flat out said Chad was bad for her — and now we see how bad. Two, Evelyn could have been trying to prevent Jennifer from revealing that Chad was abusive. Either way, I hope Evelyn surrounds herself with people who have her best interests in mind. And that she too gets help for her violent tendencies.
Chad also needs to be punished, and I’m not talking a slap on the wrist, if he’s found guilty and should get those screws up top tightened.